Bug in Creating Distribution

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Fri Feb 8 13:52:39 EST 2002

On 7/2/02 8:43 pm, Ian Summerfield <iansummerfield at btconnect.com> wrote:

> Yes I am,  is there any other version that would work under OS X?  OS X is
> now the only thing that will open the files I've created,  I can't then
> create a distribution version.  So I've just about lost my work?  The stack
> is on the URL to try:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/macabilityuk/FileSharing1.html
>
> It's for Mac OS 9 really,  I just choose to use OS X to do the development
> work.   It'll work under OS X too,  and it demonstrates a "feature" of using
> answer file of type "APPL" that doesn't permit applications being chosen if
> they are OS X native (e.g. "Preview").   Try opening it in OS 9.  Maybe
> someone could build me the final PowerPC using a PC?!

1.1.1B1 is in the Developer section of the site under "Latest Test Version".
The type of error report you submitted indicates that you are using 1.1 not
1.1.1B1.  1.1.1B1 can build a PPC standalone on the OS X platform.  1.1.1B2
will also be able to build a PPC standalone on the OS 9 platform.  Not
ideal, but this is a workaround you can use now to your specific problem.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.