Defaultstack probelm

John Cuccio jcuccio at pacbell.net
Tue Feb 5 01:00:01 EST 2002

Mac 8.1 Rev 1.1

Background: I am using a rev stack like a db. Posting info to it. The
problem below happens in the Developement & Standalone.

on startup
set the stackfiles of this stack to "stack2,stack2.rev"
end startup

on handler

set defaultstack to "stack2"
send "create card" to last card of stack "stack2"
Put info into field 1 of last card
set defaultstack to "stack1"
end handler

Rev keeps creating the new card after the first one. But puts the info into
the last card. Same Problem even if I remove "of stack "stack2"" of line 2
of handler

But If I do this:

During the same time that the standalone is open and I create the stack
Stack2 then run the above handler it works fine. If I close the standalone
then re open the standalone with out createing the stack, because the stack
is already there, then the above handler does not work.

I am unsure why one works and the other does not.

Thank you