Standalone Data folder

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Mon Dec 30 11:15:45 EST 2002

on 12/30/2002 8:51 AM, Robert Presender at rpresender at earthlink.net wrote:

> Hi,
> Using OS 10.2.3
>
> Is there a way to make the Data folder(and all its components)
> invisible and only have the app as a result of making a standalone for
> Mac and Windows?  Using the procedure of Tip 1 of RR site.
>
> Is there a reason that the Data folder(and components therein) be
> visible?
>
> Thanks for any insight.
>
> Regards .. Bob

Bob,

I'm not sure as to whether or not it matters if the Data folder is
invisible or not.

There is an option that you can use when creating a standalone which
is to check the box for no substacks which eliminates the data folder.
You'll only want to do this if you don't have any substacks of course.

To make a file invisible for Mac OS X just put a period in front
of the name.

You might like to use a utility like "GhostHunter" to be able to find
your file again.  Or just boot under Mac OS 9.2.2 and look for the file
name with the period.

In windows there is a way to do it too, but at this moment I don't remember
quite how to do it.  If you search the archives you'll probably come across
it.  It is a fairly common question.

Good Luck!

Rick Harrison