Is this an event?

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Wed Dec 25 17:27:01 EST 2002

I have an object I'm moving with the mouse by setting a custom
property. Using a script in that object, I can track whether the "loc"
of the object (let's call it "alpha") is "within the rect" of another
object (let's call that object "beta"). However, if I have thirty
"beta" objects, it seems that I need to account for each unique object
within alpha's handler. This doesn't seem like the right way to handle
this. Is there a way to know when alpha's loc is within the rect of any
other object of a specific type?...and then know which specific object?

If this were a mouseUp event, I know I can simply keep track of the
target (as explained in the "Track which button a user clicks" thread).
My guess is that this is somewhat backwards from that as there is no
Rev event (that I can find) that occurs in "beta" when the loc of
"alpha" is within the rect of "beta".

As always, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Merry Xmas from West of the Pecos!

Barry