[Semi-OT] Another "They shoulda used Rev/MC" story :)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Dec 13 20:55:09 EST 2002

Here's what Macintouch calls "an interesting excuse for cancelling Mac
software development" from Cerious Software:

  It has been more difficult that you could ever know
  to port ThumbsPlus to the Macintosh. Unlike Windows,
  applications cause many problems on the Mac side.
  For example Quicktime installations totally crash
  ThumbsPlus so that the application doesn't even
  launch. Also, the cross compiler applications don't
  work any longer with new Mac versions. Any new
  software install has the ability to take Thumbs to
  its knees. Sorry we don't have better news.
  We expect to be taking down all Mac info from the
  pages in the next few weeks.

<http://www.cerious.com/faq_pcq.shtml#PCQ_mac>

If they were using Rev or MC they'd still be shipping on Mac, and their
Windows effort would cost only a fraction to maintain and enhance.

This got me thinking:  Do any of you have a Rev- or MC-based image database
program?

I was tempted to throw one together and send it off to Ric Ford at
Macintouch, but I have my hands full at the moment.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation