Rev app to get HTML source from IE

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Wed Dec 11 14:38:00 EST 2002

I'm trying to write a Revolution app that will get the HTML source from
whatever page is presently displayed in IE.   I need to have Revolution
detect when the user has reached a certain page on a web-site, and react to
that page after the user lands on it)   Normally, this would not be a problem
- - - I'd just have Revolution run an Applescript that says

tell application "Internet Explorer"
set htmlsource to GetSource
end tell

However, Applescript has a hard time with older versions of the Mac OS (8.1,
8.5, 8.6), where it displays that annoying "where is" dialog.   Since I'm
running Rev in OS 8.1, 8.5, 8.6, I also cannot use the "using terms from"
command to allow Revolution to compile the GetSource call.   GetSource in IE
is apparently <<event MSIEORC>> as a raw code call.   I'm getting a "compiler
error" in Revolution when I try to run this script.   Since this is my first
attempt at using raw codes, I could be just getting the syntax wrong.
Here's what I've got so far:

set creaType to "MSIE"
tell application "Finder" to open application file id creaType

tell application "Finder" to set appOfMine to (the first process whose
creator type is (creaType as type class)) as <<class psn >>

tell application appOfMine
     set theSource to <<event MSIEORC>>
     return theSource
end tell