revGoURL.. and after that ?

Jacques Hausser Jacques.Hausser at ie-zea.unil.ch
Tue Dec 10 04:55:01 EST 2002

  Dear all,

I'm opening a local server with

revGoURL  "afp://username:password@servername/volumename"

and my program reads and writes happily from or to several files  on
this server, nicely considering it as a volume. (it doesn't work with
URL, but with "open file" and so on, it is OK).
my problem is, I want to disconnect the server from inside the program
(I do not want people putting their nose in the files directly, what
they can do if the server remains on the desk).

I tried to disconnect (and to connect) with every other method I found
in the doc, but it got only error messages. I looked in the use-rev
archives without finding the solution (the archives are big enough to
miss it, sorry if it's the case).

How to do "revLeaveURL" ?

and by the way, would the server open with revGoURL also be considered
as a volume on Windows (unknown world for me) ?

Many thanks in advance - Jacques Hausser