Newbie wants to know if one can run two handlers simultaneously

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Sun Dec 8 17:27:02 EST 2002

(Seems sending to both lists at once puts the message twice to the use-
list)

On Monday, December 9, 2002, at 07:37 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

>> Send-in-time statements are the best approach now but risk locking out
>> mouse events.
>
> I haven't found this is to be the case -- what reproducible problem
> have you
> run up against?
>
> I once created a project that ran around 40 "self-aware" animated
> sprites
> that traveled from the bottom to the top of the screen and reset
> themselves
> autonomously, all while mouse down and up events were captured.  I
> never
> encountered any mouse event problems.
>
> (BTW, the project ran fine on Macs but slowed Windows boxes to a crawl
> or
> even a system error :-)

Scott

Sorry, the discussion was actually on the improve list but I
erroneously posted the above to this one because the highlighting I
have set for "common thread" in Mail is a bit close to that for
"improve" messages. On that list, see the discussion between Dar and I
on "events and pending messages" for our investigations and
reproducible problems, and "pseudo-threading" for my optimistic feature
request.
If your script above was structured as a despatcher for the sprite
methods rather than the sprites reiterating themselves then that would
work, and would be a Transcript implementation of the pseudo-threading
I am discussing (I did one myself) although at that point I would like
to discuss on the other list the effective difference between idle
(deprecated) and a send-in metronome of the same frequency.

I will cross-post this.

regards
David