It's a list! It's an array! No, it's...

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Dec 5 15:05:10 EST 2002

Here is something I'm tinker with.

I am packing values into a single value in a way that is not a list and
is not an array.  One can use it for order.  Access is fast, but
increases with distance from the front.  You access the first or the nth
or the last.  Indefinite nesting is allowed.  They can be concatenated
and quickly split up even into singletons.  Values can be any string and
I'm about to add arrays and numbers when I get to it.  They don't save
space, I don't think.  They can be typed arbitrarily.  For text data,
these can often be read by human debuggers.

What is a good name for this?

Group?
List?
Poke?