Revolution in Classis, Virtual PC?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Dec 3 13:35:00 EST 2002

Ken Norris (dialup) wrote:

> I probably missed something because SPEWS backlisted this list (no one knows
> why) from my ISP for awhile. Police with too much discretionary power, IMHO.

Someone needs to talk to them.  I hate spam, but I hate missing legitimate
emails even more.  I've never been bitten by SPEWS, but I have been by other
filters.

If you're patient and looking at the long term, you could:

1. Write your elected representatives and encourage rapid adoption of
anti-spam laws, specifically those that will prosecute any US-based company
regardless of where the server is (.tw and .ru give the impression that
spammers are keeping the economies of both of those nations afloat).

2. Write whomever's in charge of SPEWS and ask them to kindly employ fewer
shotguns and more lasers.

I've had good results from my correspondences with filter managers
(certainly more rewarding than the canned reply I get from my elected
representatives<g>).

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation