Stack Size Changes

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Dec 1 03:08:56 EST 2002

At 7:00 AM -0800 11/30/02, Bill Lynn wrote:
>I've run into an annoying and persistent problem with Rev 1.1.1 running
>under Mac OS 9.2.2. I have the stack size set to 800 x 600 (my current
>screen size) with no decorations, not resizeable and the following stack
>script:
>
>on openstack
>  set  the loc of me to the screenloc
>end openstack
>
>Then I save the stack, quit Rev and the next time I open the stack it's 800
>x 539.

Check the documentation entry for "Why does a stack open to the wrong size?".

What's happening is that the stack is larger than the windowBoundingRect,
and so its size is reset when you open it to fit within the
windowBoundingRect. To fix it, set the stack's rect to 800 x 600 in a
preOpenStack handler. This resets the size after the windowBoundingRect has
had its way with the stack, so when it appears, it's the right size.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/