is the value of CR really platform dependant?

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Aug 30 12:27:01 EDT 2002

Richard,

Are you saying that if I use "open file tMyFile for text read" all the
platforms will do the right conversion regardless of the format of the
text file (LF, CR, or CRLF)?

Using the get URL("file:"&tMyFile) Linux and Solaris platforms don't
work properly with CR delimited text files. What I have found is that
if the text file is unix formatted linefeed delimited, then all of the
platforms can read them correctly. It was a pain to figure this out.

If the open...for text read is the does everything right, then it is
the holy grail we have been looking for.

Do I have it correct?

Bill