Look Sidewards - Reports DataPro / Standard Protocols

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 14:04:01 EDT 2002

Hi Gary,

First of all, my compliments for your clever use of
the links Rev can make to other environments (the Web,
Excel, Word,...).
The main issue here, however, is getting data onto
paper. We cannot expect our customers to buy Word or
Excel just to be able to print a report from an
invoicing application written in RunRev.
And even though HTML can get you a long way, it's
hardly WYSIWYG if it has to fit into a particular 7 x
30 mm spot on a preprinted form.
Yes, we can do all this within RunRev, building
report-stacks with cards that have everything
hand-tweaked. Which is why I'm looking forward very
much to the report generator that's upcoming.
Once again, it's good to see that RunRev integrates so
easily with other applications. It only makes me more
confident that RunRev is an excellent choice to
replace our current development environments with.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish
at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)