Reports DataPro, Rev, and Blender3D

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Mon Aug 26 05:15:01 EDT 2002

On 25/8/02 10:30 pm, Alan Gayne <alanira9 at mac.com> wrote:

> Seems very silly to "re-invent the wheel",espeicially when the Bob Greenberg
> (bob at rpControl.com), the current owner of this product is VERY willing to
> make a deal with RunRev.
>
> Why not do the deal, make the necessary conversions and offer the RunRev
> Reports product as a "value added" additional product, the profits from
> which could be shared by both RunRev and rpControl LLC.
>
> Not doing this makes about as much sense as a major league baseball strike.
> Both side lose if they can't make a deal.

Everything that is needed to do a complete reports generator is already
included in Revolution.  Adapting Reports pro would:

Be a significant undertaking because of the huge number of enhancements
between Revolution and HyperCard

Result in a solution that only works on the Mac OS

The amount of work in doing that is going to be greater than writing a
native reports generator with a modern feature set in Revolution.  Such a
feature would then work on all platforms that Revolution supports without
any externals.  That¹s what we're doing.  And it won't be long now.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.