If it equals?

Klaus Major klaus.major at metascape.org
Fri Aug 23 02:25:01 EDT 2002

Hi Josh,

> Thanks a lot! Now I have two more things I want to add! :-)
>
> 1. There are certain levels of Access that the User can have. It is the
> same
> as the Rating for Games. Everyone, Teen, and Mature. What I was
> thinking of
> just having it be the Third Item, as just 'E', 'T', or 'M'. I don't
> know how
> to get the script to recognize what it is, and made the adjustments
> according to their User Level. Any ideas on how to do this?

add this to the script:

   repeat for each line l in the_file
     if item 1 of l is the_user then
       put item 2 of l into the_password
       put item 3 of l into userlevel
       exit repeat

and then after asking the password you do something with the userlevel...

> 2. This one is easy.
;-)

> But I'm not sure what exact thing to do.

:-)

>  I just want to
> add new Users to the User Database Text File. What is the code to go to
> the
> last line of the Text File?

put CR & "new user" & TAB & "new pwd" & TAB "new userlevel" after
url"file:\\ZZYZX\INTERFACE\Names.txt"

That's all.

> Thanks!
>
>  - Josh Dye