Rev and Databases - getting started

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Aug 22 09:29:00 EDT 2002

>Can someone point me in the right direction, more or less?

I'm afraid I can't help you there, Dan.  Except to make you aware
that there is an alternative IF you can live with a single-user,
non-SQL database: Serendipity Database Binary (or SDB).

SDBs are hierarchial database stacks that support:

* multiple record types
* variable-length records, fields, & keys
* access by
	* Exact or approximate key
	* Relative position (first,prev,next,last)
	* Record Id (Revolution card Id)
* update & retrieval of individual fields
* selection based on field contents

SDB handlers are 100% Transcript (no extensions) and will be
available for royalty-free distribution as part of Serendipity
Library.  The Library also includes a stack to create a SDB Utility
standalone to create, directly browse or edit, backup, and restore
SDB databases.

If this of interest to you, contact me off list.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company