Database Sample Nits

Dan Shafer dan at danshafer.com
Tue Aug 20 01:56:01 EDT 2002

Finally got around to snooping all through the database sample
tonight. There's some good stuff in there, particularly given the
thorough commenting of the code. Thanks to Richard Gaskin for
creating this app.

I encountered a couple of very small issues I thought I'd point out
just by way of (hopefully) being helpful.

First, the splash screen never displays its text. The window appears,
pauses, and then goes away. I had the same problem with a splash
screen in one of my projects and I fixed it but I have tossed the
project so I can't remember what I did. Couldn't change it anyway;
script limit exceed for freebie.

Second, when I finish importing records into the stack from a text
file, I'm left in edit mode. One needs to choose browse tool,
methinks, but, again I couldn't make this fix because of the
limitations on the freebie so I just pass it along.
--
Dan Shafer