Hobbyist License

Tony Moller tony.moller at drcs.com
Thu Aug 15 15:31:01 EDT 2002

on 8/15/02 11:12 AM, Dan Shafer at dan at danshafer.com wrote:

>> But as Apple discovered, a $99 scripting tool does not appear to be viable.

Not meaning to double post, but I just remembered a big thing about this
statement that also bothers me. Look at the effort Apple puts into
AppleScript. Its a scripting tool. Its touted by Apple as an "application
development environment." And AppleScript is free. From the AppleScript
Studio web site:

"AppleScript Studio is now available and is included with the December 2001
Mac OS X Developer Tools. This collection is accesible by members from the
Apple Developer Website as either a free download (218 MB) or as a CD ROM
for $20. While online membership in the ADC Program is free, other options
include Student, Select, and Premier programs offering a variety of support
and access options."

Personally, I think this is the reason Hypercard is in limbo.

Tony

Tony Moller - Network Admin
DRCS
6849 Old Dominion Drive - Suite 320