A "simple" slideshow

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Aug 14 14:17:00 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, August 14, 2002, at 11:00 AM, Aurélien Durand wrote:

> Actually i'm making a very simple slideshow with about 30 cards.
> Its script
> is divided into those 30 cards in order to avoid the script limitation.
> for example, this script in each card:
>
> on openCard
> wait for 2 seconds
> visual dissolve
> go cd "slide004"
> end openCard

It might work to add "with messages" to the wait.

However, I'd be inclined to do something like this (untested):

on openCard
    send advanceSlide to me in 2 seconds
end openCard

on advanceSlide
     global slideShowOn
     if slideShowOn then
         visual dissolve
         go cd "slide004"
     end if
end advanceSlide

As far as avoiding the script limitation, you might be able to move
the default openCard handler to the stack.  You might be able to
move the advanceSlide handler to a hidden field that contains the
name of the next card (and perhaps other info); adjust the send
accordingly.

I believe the openCard is called in place during execution of the
"go" without any tail recursion optimization.  Also, it is not
placed in the list reported by pendingMessages() for delayed
execution.  If those really represent the case, then the original
script will will make deeper and deeper calls.

Dar Scott