How to show only the Page Setup dialog on Mac OS9

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Mon Aug 5 15:59:01 EDT 2002

I want to show the Page Setup dialog box without printing anything (it's
common to have a Page Setup... menu item in the File menu). However, I
can't just use the revShowPrintDialog command by itself--it requires a
revPrint(something) command after it in order to take effect. Yet, I
don't want to print anything...just to show the dialog box.

I've tried:

 revShowPrintdialog true,false
 revPrintText empty

but this still prints a blank page. There must be something obvious I'm
overlooking, as this is a standard feature in any Mac program.

Any help will be appreciated.

Howard Bornstein