Time limited standalone/demo

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Mon Aug 5 10:02:01 EDT 2002

on 8/5/2002 6:54 AM, Glasgow, David at David.Glasgow at cstone-tr.nwest.nhs.uk
wrote:

> I have developed some software that I would like to distribute as time
> limited, ie. it stops working after a certain date.  That certain date should
> be calculated from the creation date of the standalone (ie someone gets sent
> the demo and can use it for 30 days from then, or the duration of a licence.
> Can I query that from within a standalone?  Maybe I'm not looking in the right
> place, but I can't see it.
>

> Best wishes,
>
> David Glasgow

David,

This can be done.  You normally have to question the system date/time
from the system your program is working on first.  Then perform your
calculation to determine when it should quit working.  If you are using
a standalone you will have to store this information seperately from
the stack you are in.

Good Luck!

Rick Harrison