print problem

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 4 16:31:01 EDT 2002

Hi Yves,

I haven't yet gotten round to printing issues, but I
think I can help you with question 2.
As everything in RunRev is defined in pixels, we can
convert that to and from inches and/or centimeters
with a little math.

The screen resolution on a mac is 72 dpi, or 1 inch =
72 pixels. Now a quick glance at www.convert-me.com
teaches us that 1 inch = 2.54 centimeters.

So supposing we must print something at 7 centimeters
from the top and 4 centimeters from the left of the
paper, we have to set the topleft to (X,Y) with :
  X = 7 / 2.54 * 72 = 198
  Y = 4 / 2.54 * 72 = 113

You will have to adjust this a couple of pixels up and
left in order to compensate for printer margins, but
this should help you a long way.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolih
at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)