Translators & Prerelease Testers Wanted

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Aug 3 10:31:01 EDT 2002

Hello Revolution Community,

I am pleased to announce that development of Serendipity Library has
reached the stage where I am ready to share my efforts with
translators and prerelease testers.  The Library should be of
interest to anyone who wants to build user-translatable applications
and anyone looking for a royalty-free, single user, hierarchical
database written entirely in Transcript.

Notes to potential translators:

You have an opportunity to participate in creation of the first
user-translatable Revolution application.  The more languages present
in the Message Files folder, the more forcefully the point is made.
As you will see when you load a new message file, you will be
credited as author of your translation to anyone who uses it.

There are currently 163 lines in a Library message file.  The
Library's "Translate Message File" selection can be used to translate
the messages line-by-line.  The process can be interrupted and
resumed until the translation is complete; so you can perform the
translation on a "time available" basis.

Anyone interested in translating and/or prerelease testing
Serendipity Library should eMail library at oenolog.com.  Place
"Prerelease" in the subject AND include the following text (fill in
appropriate blanks) in the body of your message:

I would like to participate in the Serendipity Library project as:

	__ A translator -- Language: _________________________

	__ A translation reviewer -- Language: _________________________

	__ A tester

	__ I am willing to translate one 5k Mac snd resource to .au format

Upon exercising download instructions for the prerelease version of
Serendipity Library, I agree:
	1. To provide feedback to Serendipity Software Company within
five days.
	2. To refrain from giving the download URL to any other person.
	3. To refrain from public comment regarding the Library until
it is officially released.

<<

Please note that Serendipity Library will be released for free
distribution when testing is complete; so your efforts benefit the
Revolution community as well as moi.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company