Text-to-Speech on Windows

Barry Levine themacguy at mac.com
Sun Apr 14 01:37:00 EDT 2002

A friend of mine who is having software developed for him (not by me nor
using Rev) mentioned to me that his developer (who has, apparently, done
a lot of work for IBM) wants to use actual sound files rather than
text-to-speech. The reasons are:
1. The quality of the synthetic speech is not good enough (but he
doesn't like it on the Mac, either).
2. The software to make text-to-speech work on Windows requires the
developer to virtually re-install Windows on the target machine; even
then, there are so many factors that can prevent the speech synthesis
from working on a PC.

Now, I will readily admit that I don't do Windows so I am simply
repeating what I have been told and am not passing judgement on whether
this is true or not.

Barry
Barry Jay Levine
"The Mac Guy"
Macintosh Troubleshooting, System Engineering, Training,
AppleShare/OSX Server Setup, System Upgrades and Enhancements

On-Site service for K20, Business, Consumer

Phone/VoiceMail: 915-581-1105
             Fax: 915-581-8167
           eMail: themacguy at mac.com

MacOS X: It does. You can. It will.

WindowsXP: Insert wallet into Drive A: Press any key to empty