rename&revcopyfile

John Cuccio jcuccio at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 11 01:01:01 EDT 2002

Rev 1.1.1

on function
put "c:/export/file" into fp1
put "c:/newfolder/newname" into fp2
rename fp1 to fp2
end function

rename function on a mac deletes the original file and copies the file to
the new location. On Win98 it gives the file at fp1 the new name only and
does not move the file. Even though it has a different file path.

I can not get the revcopyfile to work on win98. Has anyone else had this
problem.
I checked to make sure the file paths where correct. By doing a open file
then close.

Note. I have Real PC running Win98 on a mac. Do not know if this is the
problem. I downloaded the win Rev and the splash screen said 1.1 but the
folder that it is in says 1.1.1. The mac splash screen says 1.1.1. Is the
windows version behind the mac versions.