clipboard extension

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Apr 7 19:37:00 EDT 2002

On Sunday, April 7, 2002, at 05:01 PM, Steve L wrote:

> How is it possible to accomplish this?  There must be
> a way, as there are a ton of clipboard extension
> programs that do just that; they are usally located in
> the system tray, when running, I don't know if this
> has anything to do with it or not.

Intercepting events system wide is generally not possible for something
which is run as a program process. Rev is doing this presumably by
trapping the keyboard command before it get's through to the system.
However, if it is not the current frontmost application, it never gets
the keystrokes to trap.

I believe it was Dar, who earlier in this list discussed making Rev apps
a "service" on Windows. Implementation at this level may give you what
you are looking for - I haven't done it, so I'm not sure.

--
Troy
RPSystems