Download (and upload) stacks

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Tue Apr 2 07:31:01 EST 2002

Hello to all

I have a stack (in MetaCard) which I had planned to make available at
http://www.xworlds.com/metacard/contributors.htm. However, Kevin
Miller answers me that this url will be taken down and moved to
runrev.com. He would be willing to accept the stack, but it must
first be converted to Revolution. Since I do not use Revolution, I
wonder if one of you Revolution users would take the trouble to have
a look at the stack and convert it. I'll send it to the first person
who volunteers to do it.

The stack is meant as a tutorial on how to download stacks from a
server both from http and ftp urls. It also includes scripts on how
to compress, upload and decompress the stacks before downloading, as
well as how to bypass a proxy server. These scripts have proven very
useful for me and my students and I am sure other educators who want
to deliver material over the web will find them useful too.

Regards
Signe Marie Sanne

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Oysteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen         	 http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/default.html
Norway