Rev and Flamethrower

Richard D. Miller wow at together.net
Tue Apr 2 07:02:01 EST 2002

I suppose I've worked with Rev enough now to say I prefer it over Supercard
(even though Supercard is a very good product). Now if there was just some
way to combine Rev with Flamethrower, that would produce an incredible web
CGI development environment.

I know Rev has CGI commands, but they seem far more complex (and weaker)
than the commands available through Flame. It's still not clear to me if Rev
can be configured to receive messages back from a clients browser, anywhere,
anytime...without having first initiated the call. Feedback on this would be
helpful. I'd be working on a Mac through WebStar.

Is there any way to use the XCMD's from Flame in Rev? Any plans from the Rev
people to expand Rev to become more like Flame?

Thanks.

--
Richard Miller
The Wood Exchange.info