[Use-revolution] Re: System requirements for Rev

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Thu Nov 22 17:33:05 EST 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 John Cuccio <jcuccio at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Subject: System requirements for Rev
>
> Since I was unable to get rev 1.1 development to run under Mac OS 7.5.5
> then will a stand alone work under this system.
>
> The Doc said 7.1 or higher.

This should still be the case, at least for 68K systems.  I think PPC
systems all have to have 7.5 or later anyway.

> I would like my program to be able to run under 7.5.5 and up on 68k
> machines.
>
> I was putting off upgrading the OS on that computer. But today Rev 1
> froze two times and I lost about hours of work. Change HD with OS 8.1 so
> I can run rev 1.1. I was having problems with 1. & 7.5.5 but nothing
> this big. I think a system conflict somewhere. I am having to much fun
> programming in rev to try to fix it.

The PPC engine got broken on MacOS 7.X during the Carbon port (it was
making Appearance Manager calls that aren't there).  This should be
fixed in the latest MetaCard engines.  Not sure how this maps to RR
versions yet, but the two should be fully synced up in the very near
future (maybe RR 1.1.1?)
  Regards,
    Scott