[Use-revolution] Re: PC Control Shift Right Click on Application Overview Window

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Thu Nov 22 13:06:04 EST 2001

At 8:06 AM -0800 11/18/2001, Mark MacKenzie (Shaw) wrote:
>I was experimenting with using "control-shift right click" (PC WinME, Rev
>1.1) within the application overview window to change a stack's and card's
>properties, etc.  When I next left mouse clicked on the rest of the
>application overview window to call up a card's properties pallet normally I
>was startled to see that the application overview window stack had become
>editable in its entirety!

It sounds like you used the menu to change the application overview's mode
to "toplevel". (The contextual menu popup works on the actual object you
click on - so using it in the App Overview window changes that stack, not
the stack whose listed name you're clicking.)

There's a preference setting to allow use of the contextual menu within
Revolution UI windows, which I believe is turned off by default. You're
right that unwittingly triggering it could cause trouble, but most of the
Revolution windows aren't saved by default - if you were to, say,
accidentally delete objects from the App Overview, you could fix the
problem simply by quitting and relaunching Revolution.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!