[Use-revolution] Re: Stack size

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Thu Nov 22 13:06:03 EST 2001

At 8:24 PM -0800 11/19/2001, Shari wrote:
>One thing I'm curious about regarding images... in HC if I use
>addcolor to create an image, it basically makes a COPY of the image
>that's in the resource fork, so whatever I do to that image is not
>permanent.
>
>I have an image that gets resized many times through handlers in Rev,
>and I wonder if it's using a copy of the embedded image, or actually
>resizing the image itself.  The image is embedded, and I simply used
>the "show" command to make it visible.  Then manipulated it here and
>there.

It's being scaled for display, not copied.

Scaling images is not recommended as a general rule, especially where
responsiveness is critical, because it does slow down display of images.
But obviously there are situations where it's not practical to create
separate images ahead of time in all the required sizes.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!