Close Certain Process?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Dec 14 22:50:01 EST 2001

Recently, Josh Dye wrote:

> Is there a way to close a certain open process (Program) in Windows? I
> am running Windows 2k Pro.... I tried something like this...
>
> on mouseup
> close process "winamp.exe"
> end mouseup
>
> I thought that would work, but it doesn't even give me an error message. If
> you were to press "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" in Win 2k, clicked "Task Manager", then
> selected "Processes", then scroll down. I would see a lot of different
> programs, And, "winamp.exe" would be listed with the others. I want to close
> that Process. Any ideas?

If you opened a process from MC, you can check the openProcesses to see a
list of apps.

If you're trying to find any non-MC-launched apps, I don't believe there's a
built-in way to do this, but Tuviah Snyder's external collection can provide
a list of applications that are displayed as open in the task bar.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director

Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design