CGI in Mac Classic (8.6)

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 28 21:05:00 EDT 2003

Hello y'all,

Thanks to all of those kind folks that responded to my
pleas for help with my MetaCard-based client stacks
and server-side CGI scripting. My 'weird' problem has
been solved by Eric Holst of Thinker Toys, Inc. Below
is the solution he proposed to me, which I tried, and
which I have since adopted.

> Your problem is NOT with your cgi or the servers
> but w/ MC itself. The MC URL commands used to work
> perfectly but were changed ( I believe in v 2.1)
> and have been screwed up ever since, both in MC &
> RR. The solution is for you to stop trying to get
> the URL cmds in MC to work. Instead go to this URL,
> download the "altURL" stack. It contains a library
> of alternative commands. It works.

And so it did!
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Downloads.htm

Thank you Eric Holst,