Card copy problems

Mark Talluto lists at canelasoftware.com
Fri Jun 27 12:00:00 EDT 2003

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 08:52 PM, Norval Bard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a mainstack containing  4 substacks:  3 tests and one stack to
> collect the results from the tests.  The reporting of the results is
> done by
> copying a card detailing a respondent's answers from one of the three
> tests
> back to the results substack (simple script: copy cd X of stack Y to
> stack
> Z, save all).
>
> The problem I'm having is that immediately following the testing
> session, I
> will occasionally do a quick check to see if the records have been
> properly
> copied and 'stored' in the results stack.  Let's say that there are
> five
> respondents for a given session, and I can see all five of their test
> results.  All is fine--or appears to be--but then later, after having
> quit
> the program and come back to it, I am finding that only one new record
> (card) has actually been copied and saved to the results stack.
>
>  I  don' t get it: it's always ONE card.  If the stack were locked or
> could
> not be saved then why is one card being copied and saved?  Why am I
> able to
> see all the copied cards when I navigate through the stack immediately
> following the test, only to lose them later?  The curious link seems
> to be
> the quitting of the program.    I am running mc2.3.2 on Win2K machines.
>
> Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance,  I' ve been kinda pulling my hair
> out
> on this one...

I have found and reported a bug with:  copy fld "test" of stack "aaa"
to stack "bbb"
This bug only shows up when working with stacks created on older
versions of MC while using current versions of MC 2.5.  I have yet to
hear back from Scott on this one.
I am not sure if this is related to your situation or not though.

Best regards,
Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com