Card copy problems

Norval Bard nbard at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 27 00:00:00 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have a mainstack containing  4 substacks:  3 tests and one stack to
collect the results from the tests.  The reporting of the results is done by
copying a card detailing a respondent's answers from one of the three tests
back to the results substack (simple script: copy cd X of stack Y to stack
Z, save all).

The problem I'm having is that immediately following the testing session, I
will occasionally do a quick check to see if the records have been properly
copied and 'stored' in the results stack.  Let's say that there are five
respondents for a given session, and I can see all five of their test
results.  All is fine--or appears to be--but then later, after having quit
the program and come back to it, I am finding that only one new record
(card) has actually been copied and saved to the results stack.

 I  don' t get it: it's always ONE card.  If the stack were locked or could
not be saved then why is one card being copied and saved?  Why am I able to
see all the copied cards when I navigate through the stack immediately
following the test, only to lose them later?  The curious link seems to be
the quitting of the program.    I am running mc2.3.2 on Win2K machines.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance,  I' ve been kinda pulling my hair out
on this one...

Norval