[OT] Info about MS dropping IE development

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Jun 19 01:01:00 EDT 2003

Sean,

My understanding of it: MS is saying they're planning on 'embedding' the
browser into the next operating system "Longhorn" available sometime in
2005-6 and they're not doing any major upgrades to IE until that time when
of course it will be named something else.

(personal opinion) I think it's amazing MS got away from the Justice Dept so
easily (nice to have so many Congressmen in your pocket) -- this 'embedded
browser' was part of what they were originally being sued for. I have to
say, this and the SCO business really show MS for what a diabolical company
it really is. I personally hope it backfires on them, and Mozilla and other
browsers end up being de facto.

-Chipp