[OT] Info about MS dropping IE development

Dan Shafer dan at eclecticity.com
Wed Jun 18 20:54:00 EDT 2003

>>  > to become an even more significant trend now that MS has
>>>  dropped IE development.
>>
>>this has been mentioned a few times on this list and i tried
>>finding information regarding it on microsoft's website but
>>to no avail.. anyone have any URL's they can email me
>>offlist

There are literally dozens of URLs. I suggest anyone interested go to Google News and search on Internet Explorer. You'll see a lot of recent stories about their discontinuation of IE for the Mac, but scroll down a bit and you'll see that they've also announced that they will no longer have a separate IE product for Windows, either. They plan to integrate the capability into their next version of the Windows OS, codenamed Longhorn.