Passing (lot's of) data to a process...

thierry Douez t.douez at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 16 07:08:01 EDT 2003

Hi David,

  | > with this. I remember someone saying that the "command.com"
  | command ( used by the shell() command ) was not so reliable.
  | > So, i gave up with this solution. BTW, i was on WIN 98 box.
  | >

  | Yes - I think this is not a problem in Linux?

Sure !

  | > Then, instead of passing from metacard to Perl a full program, i
  | > transformed a set of properties to a perl understandable data format,
  | > and again, with the shell, start a perl program which, this time could
  | > accept some Data input with a simple mechanism of Handshaking... I
could pass
  | > a large amount of numeric and text information, and then without any
  | > problem.
  | > So  i keep this solution and I am happy with this. ( at the moment :)
  | >
  | > HTH,
  | > regards, thierry
  |

  | Thanks, thierry - not sure I follow 100% could you send me a
  | stack off-list (or include sample code and post to the list?

Well, sorry but english is not my mother tongue, so....

Anyway, I'm not sure this is a right topic for the list, because a lot of
Perl
is involved and I 'm  using metacard for only a part of my development.
I will be very please to send you a resume of what i've done so far, but
not too soon as I'm very busy at the moment... please let me know off the
list
what is your urgency and give me details of your needs.

Otherwise, I remember having seen a stack on the metacard web site ( 3 years
ago )
which plays as a GUI for a Unix command (proc ?). it prints all the process.
I just remember that this one inspire me a lot on this topic.

regards, thierry