Importing (& streamlining) EPS

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 15:20:00 EDT 2003

on Fri Jun 6 15:09:00 2003
jbv wrote:

>At the end of this message you'll find the Bezier
>handler I'm using. The linear interpolation works
>although it's still a bit crude and needs some more
>fine tuning.

Tonight, I test your handler and I'm getting
two list of points. But in the first list,
the X coordinate is the same for all the
numbers of the list!

What I'm doing wrong?

Maybe this part is the problem. It returns the
same number.

-- INITIALIZES step value AND fixed x values

put trunc(abs(item 1 of last line of variablezxc-item
1 of first line of variablezxc)/Nsteps) into v
  put "" into Vsteps
  repeat with i=1 to Nsteps
    put item 1 of first line of variablezxc+(i*v) into
item 1 of line i of Vsteps
  end repeat
  put item 1 of first line of variablezxc & cr before
Vsteps

>I was planing to develop this openGL thing
>within a project for a client. It seemed like
>a good opportunity to make some "applied research"
>financed by a real life project.
>Unfortunately, the client abandonned
>the project and I found myself overflooded
>with other things to do and had to put the idea
>on a shelf for a while.

You could make a web page explaining this project.
Ideally, you could ask to Scott and Kevin for
space in their websites and send your demo to them.

>Now I'm working on it at home in my spare time
>(using Code Warrior on a Mac), and of course things
>have been slowed down by several orders of magnitude.
>It's quite irritating because it opens
>a fantastic new world...

Oh, CodeWarrior for Mac... so, When do we see your
demo for PPC Mac? It's only for Windows now. ;)

Alejandro

=====
Useful sites:
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/metacard/tips/ and /revolution/tips/