Players, playing data from RAM

Mark Talluto lists at canelasoftware.com
Thu Jun 12 13:57:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 05:51 AM, Dave Cragg wrote:

> It has to be MP3 for the following reasons:
>
> File size (weighting = 2)
> Sound Quality vs compressed au (weighting = 1)
> Buzzword compliance (weighting = 3)
> Client says so (weighting = out of range)
>
> Come on, Scott. Where are these questions leading? Do you know
> something? :)

I know that you can stream QT files and they play immediately.  You
would have to encode the audio in mpg4 format to make this work well.
That is a bigger buzz word at least.

But, you would have to make sure the end user has QT 6 installed.  You
would have to have QT streaming server running as well.  Though, I
would try it without the server to see how it goes.

-Mark