Upload the Local Cache

andu undo at cloud9.net
Sat Jun 7 12:56:00 EDT 2003

--On Saturday, June 07, 2003 08:58:51 -0700 Scott Rossi
<scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

>>> Something like this:
>>>
>>> put url xxx into temp
>>> go stack temp
>>> put temp into url tDestUrl
>>
>> Thanks Andu.  Kind of works (I get a file of 0K in the destination URL
>> but I'll keep working on it).  In the meantime, the next question is,
>> how to save changes to the stack stored in temp before uploading?
>
> I have this working now by saving the stack in the temp directory and then
> putting the stack's URL into the URL of the server-stored version.  Is
> this the only way accomplish saving, or can saving be done in a variable?
> Is there a downside to saving files in the temp directory?

The fact that you can't "put temp into url tDestUrl" seems to be a problem
of libURL, afterall what you send to the server is the contents of a
variable.
The workaround is to write your own script for communicating with the
server or just modify the relevant parts from libURL to your needs.

> (I don't know if other folks have already done this but it's way cool to
> be able to edit server stored stacks all within MC.)

You can edit a loaded stack but you still need to save the changes
(locally) before uploading so no point in changing libURL.