HyperCard Porting

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jun 5 05:29:01 EDT 2003

>Thanks for all your answers!
>
>The crashing occurs at opening...
>Some open just fine, while some stacks crash just when opening them.
>
>AddColor has not presented a problem other than an error.
>
>I believe that scripts in AppleScripts language could cause the
>problem but must be verified.
>Calls to XFCNs or XCMDs are simply or usually error prompted.
>
>Script differences from HC only report errors which are easy to fix
>but do not crash MC.
>I'll try to compact stacks before opening them but I doubt it will
>work since MC probably needs to open them before compacting.
>
>Otherwise, I'll have to find more room in my office for my old mac!
>
>thanks again!

I am afraid you may have to dig out your Mac after all or ask someone
else to compact them for you -- the compacting must be done by
Hypercard (it is a process by which HyperCard removes obsolete data).
By the time MC has a chance to do compacting, it has already
converted the stack. I can concur with experience of others that
compacting drastically reduced conversion problems.

Robert