Importing (& streamlining) EPS

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 15:11:01 EDT 2003

on Mon Jun 2 23:52:00 2003
Karl Becker wrote:

>I'm wondering if there's a way
>to intelligently trim the number of points
>each of these graphics occupies?

In the epsImport stack there is an field named
"bezier resolution". This field determines
the number of straight line segments used to
draw the curves in Adobe Illustrator files.

Test with low numbers (16 to 32) and high (128 to 256)
and take note of the effect on the appareance and
the redraw of the graphics.

I know about your Golf game. Are you making your
Golf courses as vector drawings?

>I have a feeling if I have fifty graphic
>objects each with 300 points or so
>that MetaCard will crawl when I try to move
>a group containing all fifty.
>Anyone have experience with this?

I have not notice delays when the graphics are
grouped.
Anyway, it could be more interesting if you compare
the scroll of big groups of graphics, with the
scroll of big groups of images.

Newer versions of Adobe Illustrator are scriptables
with applescript in mac and another language in
windows. You could export every graphic as an image
with a series of commands. I still had to learn how
to take full advantage of this extraordinary
capability.

Alejandro

=====
Useful sites: