Resetting ids

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Fri Sep 27 13:54:32 EDT 2024

I've wondered about this for years....
But thinking about it the unsigned 32 bit limit is over 4 billion ......
so you are  0.0093% of the way to the limit
The new limit is probably 64 bit.
Probably what happens when u hit the limit is it rolls over and starts at 0
or 1000 like a new stack, and then searches for the nearest unused id.
I'm at the 2.5 millions when i create a new id in my master stack.
Interesting to think about, but nothing to fear.

On Fri, Sep 27, 2024 at 4:26 AM jbv via use-livecode <