Strange syntax in new widgets!?

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Sat May 25 11:07:39 EDT 2024

a couple of notes on bob's comments:
* the widgets were written by a third party using lcb. lc purchased the
source. unfortunately, the source is closed, so your ability to improve
them is limited. (then there's the whole matter of the property editor and
property inspector not being documented, which makes fixing the properties
panels for the widgets much more interesting)
* i've completely replaced the segmented control and the tab panel with a
polyList, because it's more flexible, and i can get more functionality out
of it.
* give the polygrid a try. it is much, much faster than the datagrid, and i
have not had any issues with missing functionality (at least for what i'm
using it for).

On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 11:41 AM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> Yes I was very surprised when first working with widgets how limited their
> list of commands and properties are. The only widget I use is the segmented
> control, and only then because the tab panel looks godaweful ugly in
> Windows, and I can maintain visual constancy using the segmented control.
> Well, also because I’m too lazy to implement any of the others just yet.
>
> Don’t get me wrong, there are some great widgets. But trying to replicate
> the functionality of datagrids, yeah not so much.
>
> Bob S
>

> On May 21, 2024, at 8:27 AM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
>
> It appears to me that the new widgets have been created by someone who has
> no
> or very little knowledge of LC.
>
> We have:
> delete line 2 of fld 1
> dispatch "DeleteLine" to group "DataGrid" with 2
>
> So why not create a more or less similar syntax for new widgets, so we
> don't have
> to use the dictionary for similar tasks. I don't get it...
>

> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major