Socket Packaging

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Mon Jun 24 13:54:35 EDT 2024

have a look at caddy. it allows you to reverse proxy and have the best of
both worlds:
* server traffic to and from caddy is in the clear, so less mess
* caddy handles all the cert silliness, while also giving you ssl to/from
the clients
we've been doing this for two years (maybe it's three, now). it works
great, and i never have to think about it.
also, the configuration was really, really simple.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 12:23 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> Hi all.
>
> I came up with deceptively simple wrappers for packaging data for
> transmission over raw sockets. I can’t send the slyEncrypt and slyDecrypt
> handlers because I use methods no one else knows. But you can roll your own
> or else eliminate encryption altogether.
>
> And to answer the question befor it’s asked, I don’t use SSL because I
> don’t like having to deal with certificates, and also because I use a
> method for encryption that I don’t think anyone else has thought of, or at
> least I can’t find any info online.
>
> Bob S
>
> command packagePayload @pPayload, pUseEncryption
>    if pPayload is an array then \
>          put arrayEncode(pPayload) into pPayload
>
>    if pUseEncryption then \
>          put slyEncrypt(pPayload) into pPayload
>
>    put base64Encode(pPayload) into pPayload
> end packagePayload
>
> command unpackPayload @pPayload
>    put base64Decode(pPayload) into pPayload
>
>    if pPayload begins with "salted" then \
>          put slyDecrypt(pPayload) into pPayload
>
>    try
>       put arrayDecode(pPayload) into tResult