Snapshot question

Neville Smythe neville.smythe at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jun 4 20:30:11 EDT 2024

> On 5 Jun 2024, at 2:00 am, Craig wrote:
>
> The docs must be wrong. I just tested with all seven of the graphic options in the tools palette, and they all rotate just fine.

You are absolutely right, a roundedRect graphic does rotate with revPolyRotate. Don’t know why I trusted the docs rather than testing for myself (In my defence, I have been thinking more about my later issue of rotating scaled images).

Moreover when the graphic is selected the rotated boundary is hilighted rather than the bounding box boundary as with a rotated image, which is huge advantage. The graphic's label is not rotated, which is a small disadvantage - or a feature; I can live with it for my application. So I can now delete a hundred or more lines of work-around code.

And Hakan, many thanks, this will be very useful. But who knew!? Which is rather my point - perhaps scaling of rotated images was prohibited by default just because LC thought developers couldn’t deal with the trigonometry?

So much good stuff from Bernd, Craig and Hakan.

Neville Smythe