unsubscribing

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Jul 30 13:24:58 EDT 2024

Heriberto,

On Mon, 29 Jul 2024 at 20:16, Heriberto Torrado via use-livecode <

> Andre. As a dedicated Livecode user who has worked at Livecode and
> authored several great books about it, you understand the software and
> its community well. You must recognize that many of us are very
> frustrated by the new seat subscription model. The impact of these
> subscriptions is absolutely brutal for us.

I totally do, but as someone who has been quite close to the team, and
worked for LiveCode in the past, and now works for Canela, I'm keeping away
from this discussion since I'm of course extremely biased.

To be honest my favourite thing the LC team ever built was the short-lived
Dreamcard. I still giggle when I think of it.

I really avoid playing armchair CEO. I was never a successful CEO, I had a
company that I never launched and that says more about me than about being
a CEO. I know many CEOs who have kept their business afloat for decades and
that includes both Kevin and also Mark, my current employer. I try not to
voice too much in terms of business decisions.

It is for sure a pivotal moment and what I hope is that the new platform
empowers all the developers here into new and faster successes.

--
https://www.andregarzia.com <http://www.andregarzia.com>
Want to support me? Buy me a coffee at https://ko-fi.com/andregarzia