Livecode Future - End User Cost Extravaganza

Kevin Miller kevin at livecode.com
Mon Jul 29 08:27:21 EDT 2024

Don't forget we have videos that explain both the rationale and the model. https://future.livecode.com

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at livecode.com <mailto:kevin at livecode.com> ~ http://www.livecode.com/ <http://www.livecode.com/>
LiveCode: Build Amazing Things

On 28/07/2024, 14:14, "use-livecode on behalf of Skip Kimpel via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com> <mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com>> on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>>> wrote:

Wow… just catching up on this thread, and I have to say, I am more confused than ever! Not sure the licensing model needed to be this complicated and questioning if LC even knows who its end user is and what we are developing. I don’t mean to be trouble here, and I am probably misconstruing fact / speculation. If so, I apologize.

Having said that, one should take notice at radical licensing model change failures, such as Unity. There are lessons to be learned out there.

For the record, I love LC and its power and simplicity. I hope this all works out in the short term (and long term!)

Best regards,

SKIP KIMPEL