Livecode Future

Heriberto Torrado htorrado at networkdreams.net
Fri Jul 26 12:04:11 EDT 2024

Yes, it really is a shame what is happening. I understand that LiveCode
has every right to monetize their product. I would be more than willing
to donate a small amount on top of the license fee to support LiveCode.
Working with something so similar to HyperCard is truly enjoyable, and
the LiveCode community is fantastic. However, this significant increase
in development costs is a major concern.

There are free alternatives like Flutter (which supports both desktop
and mobile development), Electron, NW.js, NeutralinoJS, and Lazarus (for
desktop). Unfortunately, these tools use programming languages that are
much less user-friendly than LiveCode, such as Dart, JavaScript, and
Pascal. Additionally, with Electron and NeutralinoJS, you cannot hide
the source code.

Best regards,
Heriberto